Thursday, May 29, 2008

Look at that face!!!


OK, I probably shouldn't be blogging this late, with not all the sleep I would like to have since I may become emotional.

I see that picture and my first thought is where did my baby go?? He looks soooo grown-up....

My point of this was to document some funnies that have come out of his mouth the past couple days and some serious thoughts he has that amazes me..

Funnies first. The other day him and I ventured out to Macy's to look for a new mattress. Ours is a few years old and we really need to just get a new one. Well, we had the issue with Little Kitty last week and it seems when the cat didn't go potty where he should be going he went in my room. When my sister, Kelly, was here we took my mattress and box spring off the bed so I could make sure there wasn't any kitty pee under the bed. Of course Ethan saw what we were doing and when asked I told him we were checking for kitty pee. So, we are in Macy's, he is of course out of his stroller testing the beds for me and he decides he is going to tell this lady that "mommy needs a new mattress cause hers has a hole in it (which is doesn't) and kitty peed in it.." (which didn't happen either) The women looks at me with disgust of course and moves on.

Then today there was an older gentleman in our house working our water issues. He talked a little funny because he had some dental issues. Ethan looks at him, cocks his head to the side, points his finger at him and says "Your teeth fell out because you didn't take care of them" I quickly remove him from the room and try to tell him he can't say that. Of course he doesn't understand why.... But it was funny...

Now onto the heartbreaking comments. After Kelly and Sammy left he looked at me at one point and said "mommy everyone leaves me" of course I cry...

Then last night before bed he pulls me close and says "mommy, am I ever going to see my Daddy again?" Of course I reassure him and quickly exit the room to cry...

Today him and I were outside playing with chalk and a plane flew over and Ethan started jumping up and down screaming at the plane. He said Daddy fixed that plane. I agree and then he says "now that it's fixed Daddy is coming home" NO honey Daddy has a lot more planes to fix." Like a 106 days worth of planes to fix... (Not that I am counting or anything)

His reasoning amazes me, his vocabulary amazes me, and his thought process amazes me... Most importantly I am constantly amazed that he is my son....

No comments: