Thursday, May 22, 2008

Always a Light at the End of the Tunnel


It's been a very difficult 1st week with Ted being gone. Ethan just misses him more than I can say. His sleep is all messed up and throughout the day when he is quiet and thinking he starts to cry or act out because he misses his Daddy. Nothing more breaks your heart than watching your child hurt.


I have done my best though, keeping us busy. The TDY curse does continue. I had to take Little Kitty to the Vet the other day to find out he has a severe kidney infection. Probably the beginning of things to come, but hopefully for now he will be ok. Still dealing with Lily's issues. I can see everyday she limps more and sleeps more. I am just trying to enjoy quiet time with her when I have it...


My sister, Aunt Kiki, and her "boyfriend" Sammy came down for the weekend and did a great job at entertaining Ethan. Sammy did a great job helping me catch up on a few things and put together a gift for Ted.


We had major water issues in the house for a few days. The faucets in the shower wouldn't stop leaking. Not a dribble but one was on full force, sucking up all the hot water, so we went today with no hot water until 8:00pm tonight.


I am constantly reminding myself that everything could be much worse, so when I looked out my kitchen window this evening while making dinner I saw a beautiful rainbow. I snagged Ethan quick to take him outside. He first asked if it was real, then could he touch it, then what did it taste like and lastly could Daddy see it. I promised him Daddy would see it. So here it is. xoxo

1 comment:

Karen said...

We saw that rainbow, too... Wasn't it beautiful!!! I've been thinking about you guys nonstop. Let me know how/when I can help. You know I'll do whatever you need!!!!!