Wednesday, May 14, 2008

TDY Curse

It seems in Military life there is such a thing as a TDY Curse. With the definition being "anything that could possibly go wrong while someone is deployed will go wrong"

You think, broken dryer (which I was completely ready for, with the new one Ted would never let me buy ALL picked out) the computer going nuts (fine again, the new MAC already picked out) But, I never excepted yesterday to happen 2 days before he has to leave.

We had to take Lily to the Vet since she has been limping for a few days now and it wasn't getting any better. Lily is not a big fan of the Vet, once you pull up she knows where she is and soon as she sees the Vet she shows her pearly whites. So we thought a good idea for Ted to take her just to make sure everything is ok. Mind you she is around 11 years old, so the thought of just some bone problems where in the back of my mind. Never in a million years did I think Ted was going to call me and tell me she has Bone Cancer. The Vet wants to see her back in a couple weeks to confirm for sure. I guess there is a very small itsy bitsy small chance that it's just osteoporosis. Neither one of us are counting on that.

So Ted leaves with 4 animals at home and comes back to 3. Again, never in a million years did I think I would be the one that would have to do this. Never did I think I would have to do this alone!!! Lily and Ted have that special connection. He is just heart broken and sick about it..

So I think by that already happening 2 days before he leaves, and putting quite the downer on our time together, and me having to take Lily to her last Vet Appt in a couple weeks, we should be exempt from the TDY Curse! I will even chant if I have to!!

No comments: