Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's About Time

I update. Haven't really been in the mood or had anything fun to talk about. Ethan is still having a very difficult time adjusting to life with Daddy away. This afternoon was the best period of time he has had in 5 in a half weeks. He actually took a nap in his own bed and wanted to. When he woke up he was in a great mood. Such a great mood he really wanted to go swimming. For almost 2 hours he swam in his pool by himself, laughed squealed, giggled and was the happy child I knew. Instead of reading a magazine or doing yard work I just sat and watched him. It was so refreshing to see him just plain happy again.... So I am hoping maybe we are on the up swing. Time will tell...

We are tentatively planning to leave for NY Thursday or Friday. Unless, of course there is some other sort of major drama going on.

A list of all that has happened or gone wrong since Ted left:

1. Sick dog, initially thinking a fast spreading type of bone cancer, to find out probably a cancer but no way to know for sure unless a bone biopsy is done. So now we are just buying time I guess.
2. Sick cat, initially thinking UTI, to find out later a very bad case of kidney stones that need to be surgically removed. So that means multiple trips to the Vet already and more to come.
3. Water pipe issues, no hot water, no cold water, then just running all night........
4. Car issues, gas gauge acting weird, check engine light on.
5. Back lift gate now not opening
6. I have gone through 3 hoses in the front just to water the flowers
7. Canopy in the back coming off every time there is a breeze and climbing on the ladder daily to fix (Still thinking I am going to pull that out of the concrete and throw to the curb before the summer is over.)
8. Sleeping no more than 4 hours at a clip for 5 weeks.
9. Weed whacker string thing not working so I edge with scissors now by hand
10. Lawn mower bag isn't collecting grass for some reason so I am now raking after I mow.

I think there were more small things but I can't even think now.

Almost 6 weeks done and with a trip to NY to look forward to and than Ethan's Birthday I am SURE time is going to start flying by.... Right?? Right!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Isn't six weeks almost half-way?? That's at least a glimmer of a bright side. *I* was relieved to read yesterday on Twitter that Ethan was napping... I can only imagine how happy you were! I'm out of town again, but Sam's home for the summer now. We should pick a non-crowded weekday to go to Sesame Place. And maybe he's adjusted enough to hang out again?! I hope!