Sunday, June 29, 2008

Awwwwwww....Sleep.............

I had the best night of sleep last night I have had in 6 weeks.... We are in NY and that alone should tire you out... Ethan went to bed last night about 10:00pm and slept straight through until 5am.. Was up whining and crying a little bit because he missed his Daddy and then we fell back to sleep til just about 9:30..... It was like Heaven. I woke up for the first time not tired, felt rested.. It was fabulous...

Let's see... not having to cook for us, not having to clean, no animal issues here except dealing with the 4 dogs (but they aren't mine so I really don't have to deal with them) and someone playing with Ethan constantly, oh and sitting by the pool on the deck reading magazines when I want.. Why am I only staying 2 weeks??? Oh yeah... I will miss my friends, my sis of course, and I am having MAJOR WITHDRAWLS not being able to Scrapbook... I have soo much free time, I am dying to scrap... I keep taking the perfect pics too....





















and


It is so nice to see Ethan smile again and act like himself. In a way I am sad that I wasn't enough at home for him, but I am not going to even think about that too much because then I will get sad. In a way I kinda feel like a crappy mom.... He misses his Daddy so much, would he miss me that much??? The fact that I need a break so I came to NY also makes me feel yucky.. There are no breaks in parenting.. You don't get a vacation...But here I am..... Oh yeah I wasn't going to talk about that...
Anyways, I think I made Ted a bit sad tonight when I told him I was thinking about taking Ethan to the movies while we are here. First off, its only 3 minutes away, and we could go to an early show, and get cheap tickets.. So I feel like if we go and he doens't sit through the entire movie, it's not like I am driving 30 minutes and just spent a bunch of money.. So I think we are going to go see the Robot movie... It looks cute...
The diet is going well here also. I have really only had 1 splurge... I just can't come to NY and not have MoJo's (the best coffee shop on the planet). 12 pounds gone, seems to be enough motivation to stick to it. We went shopping today and I got some sugar free creamer, and some slenda for iced tea, whole grain bread of course and lots of veggies. The fact that my parents have enough fresh cucumbers and tomatoes in their backyard helps too. I love a cuc and tomatoe sprinkled with small salt.. Yummmmmmm That has been lunch and my snack...
Off to bed now, wondering if I can sleep til 9 again?!?!?!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm so glad you slept!! NO MORE than two weeks, missy! Relax all you want, but we're on Gwara withdrawl around here. And realize that you are plenty for Ethan, but home is where Daddy lives, so of course he's going to think of him more there. NY is a two-week long distraction for him that also happens to give you a break. ENJOY IT! I'm jealous of the cucumbers and tomatoes. Not a single tomato on our sorry plant yet!