Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Trip to the Grocery Store

Anyone who knows me knows that I could live a very happy life never going to the grocery store again... So after Sunday making the big run, I needed a couple days to recover. Lately, Ethan has been enjoying a nice healthy smoothie for breakfast. SO this morning we got up and decided to go to a nicer market other than the Commissary on base. About a 30 minute trip. We get there and spend 30 minutes just looking at produce alone. We talk about colors of fruit and if something tastes like candy or not (most importantly cotton candy) and fill up our cart. For some reason every store here in NJ requires you to have some sort of "member card" for extra savings. So, luckily, before I get to the register I dig through my purse for this "special member card", I find it, but in the mean time I realize I don't have my debit card. So I look and look and guess what?? It's on the microwave at home where I left it after coming back from the Commissary on Sunday. I quickly realize we need to leave. AS cute as I think Ethan is I didn't think they were going to let me by on his charm and good looks alone. Try explaining to a 2.5 year old why we have to leave the red strawberries and blue blueberries behind. Surprisingly, that was not the topic of conversation for the rest of the day.. Thank Goodness!! SO of we go tomorrow again to get some fruit.

The whole outing wasn't a bust though. We were able to get some (good chicken, as Ethan calls it) and the best sweet tea around for lunch at Chick-fil-a....

No comments: