Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our First Little Town



I am not sure why this is such a big deal to me. I guess it just reminds me that my baby isn't going to stay a baby for ever. I mean he is a very active little boy... I know this.. However, watching him today on the ground playing with his new little spiders brought a tear to my eye.

We had to go to the BX to get diapers and wipes and a couple other things. AS with each trip to a store Ethan knows that being a good boy while mommy shops equals some little new toy for him in the end. At Walmart and Target it is almost always a new Monster Truck. That is when they have one that he doesn't already have. The BX doesn't carry Monster Trucks or Hot Wheels (The nerve of them) so it usually is just some generic car or something. Today he saw this little package of bugs and asked if he could have those. First, they were only 99 cents, and second, something new and different. He got a quick yes from me!!! As soon as we came home we opened them and he took them around the house to "show them around" he said. Then he laid in the entryway and made "their town" for them. He stayed there for just about an hour talking to them, moving them around and just playing... Sure he plays with a million other things, but that is always loud busy play. With this he just say there and quietly played..















The baby kitties are doing fine. We still see them 100 times a day, but at least now when we see them they are almost always doing something. All of them have opened their eyes and seem to being doing very well. Last night we put a blanket down and took them out of their box so they
could have some room to move around. I guess they are used to being very close to each other because they just wanted to crawl on each other and stay. All 4 are there. Pita Mommy seems to be doing great also. I think she is enjoying the nice warm garage and all the love and attention. Even I will admit that I will be sad to see ALL of them go!!!!! There is conversation in the house about how cute the orange one is. Yes, it is very cute and I have always wanted an orange kitty. However, now is not the time or place!!

No comments: