Thursday, March 6, 2008

Making Dinner at Midnight

Nope, not me!!!!

That would be Ethan!

Apparently he only received half the memo.. He knows mommy likes to stay up late after everyone has gone off to bed. Apparently, he likes to stay up late also, and cook dinner in his little play kitchen in his room. However, when mommy stays up late a little extra sleep is always nice in the morning. I am such a night person and love sleeping in.. Sleeping in is sleeping til 8 by the way. Last night was a very funny night in our house. It went something like this:

7:00pm Bath
8:00pm Daddy turns off the TV and reads a few books to Ethan
8:15pm Ethan is in bed
8:15-9:00pm He calls us 100 times for a hug, to take out the monsters, or to cover up his toe
9:00pm Birthday planning - Ethans calls mommy and daddy in his room because "he has an idea" his birthday is coming soon and he wanted to talk about what presents he might get and he wants a Monster Truck Cake
10:00pm I notice his light is on (Certainly, not how we left it)

Now the fun really begins. Ted walks in Ethan's room and quickly calls me to come see the funny picture. Ethan is in his bed with about 10 different books, his doctor toys and his animal rescue cage with his Baby Jaguars stuffed in it. Apparently in that hour he hopped out of bed and continued to play very quietly (WHY CAN"T HE DO THIS DURING THE DAY???) After about 20 minutes of us laughing and cleaning up his room we got him back into bed.

10:20pm Ted goes to bed
As I am walking done the hallway I see the light on again. Open up the door and find my sweet son "in his kitchen" I ask him "what are you doing" He tells me he is making dinner and he has to do his job... He also just got back from the grocery store and "it was ridiculous there" I spend another 20 minutes trying to convince him he really needs to go to sleep. At one point he was sitting in his bed and I told him he needed to close his eyes and go to bed. He says "mommy, I am in bed, you want Ethan to sleep" Are you kidding me??? I am being corrected for not being literal by my 2.5 year old!

Midnight Ethan calls me in to cover him up and turn off his light.

7:30am Rise and Shine

Not a very fun morning cause my little night owl was soooo tired all morning. At one point we were sitting on the couch together at 11:00 and he could hardly keep his eyes open... So hopefully he has corrected this little problem all on his own. He laid down at noon for his nap and I will be waking him very soon... Maybe he will actually be tired at a decent hour that 2 year olds should be tired and going to sleep? Let's hope so!

No comments: